Choosing a Kama'aina Home Inspector
Did you know that Hawaii does not regulate/license Home Inspectors? Even though Hawaii doesn’t regulate or license home inspectors, we want our customers and our community to know that we meet the same professional standards required of inspectors in other states. As such we are members of and certified by interNACHI.
1. WE ARE Required To Keep Up With The Industry Certified Property Inspectors (CPI) are required to go through one of the industry’s most rigorous continuing education programs in order to keep their certification. This includes online, video, and live training courses that have been vetted by more than 1,400 agencies across the country. Simply put, it is the gold standard of continuing education for home inspectors.
2. WE ARE Bound To Certain Standards Of Practice InterNACHI has developed official standards of practice that all of their inspectors are bound to. These standards are constantly revised in order to keep up with best practices in the industry. This ensures that every client will receive a comprehensive home inspection report that includes all of the information they need to make smart home-buying decisions.
3. WE MUST Adhere To A Strict Code Of Ethics There are so many ways that a home inspector could profitably compromise their ethics. An inspector could share your private information with 3rd parties, withhold important information about the integrity of your home, run a repair business on the side and funnel their clients into it. There’s no shortage of dubious ways for a home inspector to enrich themselves. InterNACHI requires all of their inspectors to abide by a strict code of ethics. This code stipulates that they will put you first and always protect your rights as a consumer.
4. WE CAN Apply For Special Certifications InterNACHI offers specialized training in a number of areas including mold inspections, indoor air quality, drone, and infrared home inspections. Deep knowledge of these areas is not required when becoming officially licensed or InterNACHI certified, but as inspectors, we have chosen to undergo this training to be better equipped serve the needs of their clients.
5. WE SHOW How Much We Care Most of all everyone wants a home inspector is someone who genuinely cares about their work. Becoming a CPI is no small feat, and it shows you just how dedicated we are to our craft. Inspectors who check out or are simply going through the motions are much more likely to make errors during your home inspection. Errors that could cost you thousands of dollars down the line. Don’t take chances with your home. Make sure you hire an InterNACHI CPI for your home inspection.
Choosing a Kama'aina Home Inspector who is an InterNACHI Certified Professional Inspector is the best way to receive the information you need to make smart home-purchasing decisions. Please, contact O’ahu Home Inspections today to schedule an inspection of your home or to learn more about our home inspection services.